Richmond Defective Product Lawyers
Widespread recalls, such as the recent problems with Toyota motor vehicle accelerators, often make national headlines. Other defective products that are equally devastating are not publicly recognized in the news. If you or a loved one has been hurt in the use of a defective product, you may be wondering who is at fault. Product problems generally fall into one of three areas:
- Design defect – flaws in a product’s engineering and original design
- Manufacturing defect – flaws in the assembly process of a product
- Marketing defect – failure to warn consumers about specific details or false promises
Any of these issues can cause faulty products that result in significant personal injury to you or a family member. Virginia product liability cases should not go unreported. To talk to an experienced lawyer today regarding your injury, contact the law firm of Tronfeld West & Durrett at 800-321-6741.
For answers to your questions with a product liability serving Richmond, call:
If the product design is inherently faulty, you are probably not the only one who has experienced an issue with the product. Recall notices should have been mailed to you if there was a serious problem in the design. If it was not, or if you or a loved one was injured before you were notified of any problems, you may be able to sue for damages to help recoup your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you are unsure whether your case is worth pursuing, call 1-800-321-6741 for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney at the law firm of Tronfeld West & Durrett. We have offices conveniently located in Richmond, Petersburg, Mechanicsville, and Chesterfield, Virginia.
If you discover a product issue that leads to personal injury, you may not be able to find others who have experienced a similar problem. This does not by any means mean that the manufacturers are not at fault. From time to time, mass production leads to harmful flaws that can affect your life.
Whether handmade or built by robots, no building process is perfect. A machine can have a small “hiccup” that causes an error in one of the products on the assembly line. A tired factory worker can easily miss a small but important step in the very product you purchase. If even one part is damaged in the process, any individual product can malfunction with disastrous results.
If you feel a defective product caused your injury, call us today or use the form below to determine what your next step should be.
Click to contact us today
If you have been injured in the use of an otherwise perfectly fine product, you may still have legal recourse. Occasionally, a product may be designed and built correctly but its use is not adequately explained to consumers. This is called a marketing defect or “failure to warn.”
If the directions for building or using the product confused you, you used the product incorrectly because of insufficient warnings, or you were not properly warned about the dangers of using the product; you could have a case. If clearer or more detailed directions or warnings could have prevented your accident, you may be able to recover damages for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Steps Should You Take After Using a Defective Product
If you or a loved one has been injured while using a defective product, there are steps you can take to make sure you are compensated for your injuries.
- Gather everything product-related in your possession. This would include your sales receipt, any manuals or warranty, the box, and the product itself. We suggest you keep the product in the condition it was after the accident, as this will help prove your case if you decide to sue. Do not try to repair the product on your own.
- Do not send the product back to the manufacturer for testing. They may not return it, and you need the damaged product for evidence.
- Call an experienced product liability lawyer who can walk you through the legal process and help you determine if your case is worth pursuing. We care about your rights and will fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and the peace of mind you want in knowing that others will not fall victim to the same injury.