When you use a product, you expect it to function as advertised, without posing any risks to your health or safety. Unfortunately, defective products infiltrate the market far too often, leaving consumers vulnerable to injuries and financial losses.
At our law firm, we specialize in representing clients who have been adversely affected by defective products. Our team of personal injury attorneys is adept at handling the complexities of product liability law, ensuring that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What Product Liability Is and How Our Team of Attorneys Can Help You Receive Fair Compensation in Virginia Beach
When you’ve suffered harm due to a faulty product in Virginia Beach, a product liability attorney can be your invaluable partner in seeking compensation and justice.
Here are the key ways they can assist you with defective products:
- Determining defects: Your attorney will help identify and prove the specific defects in the product.
- Expert consultation: In complex cases, your attorney may consult with product experts, engineers, or other specialists to strengthen.
- Maximizing compensation: The primary goal of your attorney is to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
- Evidence preservation: Your product liability attorney will ensure that critical evidence related to the defective product is preserved, enhancing your chances of a successful case outcome.
- Class action representation: In cases involving multiple victims affected by the same defective product, your attorney can assist in pursuing or joining a class action lawsuit.
- Litigation ready: If negotiations fail, our team is prepared to take your case to court. We will advocate for your rights and present a compelling case, leveraging their expertise in product liability litigation.
In the face of injuries resulting from defective products in Virginia Beach, a product liability attorney becomes your trusted partner in pursuing compensation and justice.
For answers to your questions with a product liability serving Virginia Beach, call:
Who Is Responsible for Product Liability Injuries
Under Virginia law, product liability refers to liability for damages arising out of the manufacture, design, importation, distribution, packaging, labeling, lease, or sale of a product. Determining liability in a product defect case is a multifaceted endeavor. It could be the manufacturer, the distributor, or even the retailer.
Our legal team conducts thorough investigations to identify all parties responsible for your suffering. We then build a robust case, backed by compelling evidence and expert testimonies, to hold these entities accountable for the damages caused.
Statute of Limitations in Product Liability Cases
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing a product liability claim. In Virginia, any product liability lawsuit must be brought within two years after the cause of action accrues, as stated in VA. Code § 8.01.
Missing this deadline could forfeit your right to seek compensation. Therefore, you should contact our legal team as soon as possible after suffering from an accident to make sure you are covered by law.
Our attorneys are well versed in the statutes of limitations and will ensure your claim is filed in a timely manner.
Grounds for Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims can be based on various grounds such as negligence, breach of warranty, and strict liability. Each of these grounds requires a different set of evidence and legal strategies to win the compensation you deserve.
We are proficient in tailoring your case to the specific grounds for your claim, thereby maximizing your chances of a favorable outcome.
Product Liability Negligence Claims
Negligence in product liability refers to the failure of the manufacturer or distributor to exercise reasonable care in the design, manufacturing, or distribution of the product.
To succeed in a negligence claim, it’s crucial to demonstrate that the defendant failed to meet the standard of care expected in the industry.
Product Liability Breach of Warranty
A warranty is a manufacturer’s or seller’s promise regarding the quality and performance of a product. When this promise is broken, and the product proves to be defective, you may have a valid breach of warranty claim.
Click to contact us today
Types of Damages Awarded to Victims of Defective Products
When you’ve been injured by a defective product, the law allows you to seek various types of damages. These can be categorized into economic and non-economic damages.
These are quantifiable losses such as medical bills, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Our legal team meticulously documents these expenses to ensure that every dollar is accounted for in your settlement.
These are intangible losses like pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. Arguments must be presented compelling arguments to ensure you are adequately compensated for these non-economic losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Key Elements in Constructing a Product Liability Case
Winning a product liability case is not merely about presenting the facts; it’s about constructing a solid argument that leaves no room for doubt. Here are the pivotal elements that our legal team focuses on to build a compelling case:
- Demonstrating the product’s defect: Our legal team employs cutting-edge forensic techniques to prove that the product in question was indeed defective.
- Establishing that the product was used as intended: We gather evidence such as user manuals and expert opinions to show that you used the product in a manner consistent with its intended use.
- Demonstrating the economic or non-economic damages: We collaborate with medical professionals and financial experts to quantify the extent of your damages, thereby bolstering your claim.
With our comprehensive approach to case construction, we don’t just aim to win; we aim to secure the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Maximizing Your Compensation With a Product Liability Attorney in Virginia Beach
Our team attorneys are committed to guiding you through every step of the legal process, from the initial consultation to the final settlement or trial.
If you are dealing with a product liability case, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We will review the details of your case and present the best course of action available to you, according to your specific circumstances