Tronfeld West & Durrett Step by Step Scholarship Instructions
Scholarship applications that are incomplete or otherwise do not follow instructions will not be considered. Click here to get started.
Who Is Eligible?
Any senior in high school or college student in Virginia are eligible for Tronfeld West & Durrett’s Step-by-Step Scholarship. The student must be enrolled in a two-year to four-year institution for the upcoming semester. There is no minimum GPA.
When Is the Deadline?
All applications must be submitted by March 31st, 2020 by 11:59pm.
How Are The Winners Chosen?
The winner will be selected based on the completeness of his or her application, and the content and creativity of his or her video (or essay). The winner must comply with the Instructions and the Terms and Conditions. Please read our Terms and Conditions regarding the scholarship selection process.
When Are The Winners Announced?
The winners will be announced on or before May 1st, 2020. He or she will be contacted by email. A check made out to the institution in which he or she is enrolled will be sent to the address provided in the scholarship application no later than 30 days after the announcement.
Important note: The scholarship award will be paid via check directly to the institution in which the winning student is enrolled. The winner will be required to provide all information regarding his or her enrollment that is necessary to administer the scholarship funds, including (but not limited to) the name of the institution and student ID number. If the winner decides to attend a school other than the one provided, it is his or her responsibility to notify GNGF (513-244-2016) so that a revised check may be sent.
How to Apply:
- Create a short 3-5 minute video telling us what your dreams are (you can also submit an essay, see details below). What goals are you setting for yourself over the next 5, 10, or 20 years? What steps are you going to take to get where you’re going? What do you want to do in college? What challenges do you expect along the way? How will you overcome them? Also describe how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- The video can be serious, funny, inspiring—whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged (and preferred). The video must be 3-5 minutes in length. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with whatever resources you have (including your iPhone)!
- Avoid copyright infringement; do not utilize media you do not own in your video. Click here to read more about Creative Commons and copyright law. Applicants that create their videos and disobey copyright restrictions will not be considered.
- Upload the video to YouTube. The video must use the title and description format below.
- Description: http://www.twdinjurylaw.com/scholarship (You must include this link in your description). [INSERT YOUR SUMMARY OF VIDEO CONTENT] “This video is an application for Law Offices of Tronfeld West & Durrett Step-by-Step Scholarship. This $1500.00 scholarship, offered by Richmond, VA law firm, Tronfeld West & Durrett, will be given to five high school or college students.”
- Submit your application at http://www.twdinjurylaw.com/scholarship. Your application must include a link to your video and a short essay expanding on the content of your video.
- If you choose, in lieu of a YouTube video you may write and submit a 500-1000 word essay. Simply, submit it with your application instead of the video.