If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of another person’s negligence or carelessness, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what you need to do to protect your future. It can seem like an overwhelming task when you are dealing with injuries that may have kept you from returning to your job and earning a living. You may see your medical bills mounting alarmingly and feel panicked about your financial future and health.
This is the time when having a Richmond personal injury attorney who knows how to value your claim—and then get you the settlement you need and deserve—can take the burden from your shoulders. At Tronfeld, West & Durrett, we want you to be able to heal from your injuries without worrying about how you will pay for your medical expenses or your normal monthly bills. We will be the advocate in your corner who will fight for you, your rights, and your future.
Tronfeld, West & Durrett—Fighting for Injured Victims in Virginia Since 1972
Since 1972, our personal injury attorneys in Richmond have obtained settlements or jury verdicts for thousands. We are a team of experienced local lawyers helping our neighbors in need. Our partners are each native—born and local to Virginia. Two of them served in the U.S. military, and all are involved in the community.
With law offices in Richmond, Chesterfield, Petersburg, and Mechanicsville, our attorneys represent personal injury clients throughout the state of Virginia. For your convenience, we will meet at the office located closest to you or come to you if needed. Our attorneys and staff are dedicated to obtaining the best possible settlement quickly and professionally.
Personal injury can turn your life upside down, causing pain, mounting medical bills, and time off work. Whether you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, through medical malpractice, a faulty product, or another situation, our attorneys will ensure you get the help you deserve from a caring and professional lawyer. For answers to your questions, contact your personal injury attorneys at 1-800-321-6741.
PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS SERVING ALL OF VIRGINIA
After an accident, you do not want to share your pain and grief with a stranger. You need someone who understands and is dedicated to your best interests. Our attorneys work with you on a personal basis and are always available to handle your questions and concerns.
At Tronfeld, West & Durrett, our attorneys fight for the highest compensation for personal injuries, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car accidents, truck or 18-wheeler accidents, or motorcycle crashes—Unfortunately, automobile accidents—car, truck, and motorcycle—can change lives forever. When a driver is not obeying laws or the rules of the road by driving carelessly or negligently and then crashes into an innocent person, leaving them injured and perhaps unable to work, that driver is liable for the resulting damages. These damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, future lost earnings, and pain and suffering. When a smaller passenger vehicle is hit by a commercial truck, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic or fatal due to the sheer size difference between an 80,000-pound truck and a 3,000-pound passenger vehicle. Motorcyclists are the most vulnerable in an auto accident. A motorcyclist has virtually no protection in the event of an accident other than a helmet if worn. Collecting for catastrophic injuries can feel like an uphill battle that always benefits from having a strong Richmond personal injury attorney on the case.
- Head Injuries and TBI—While any accident can result in a head injury, motorcycle accidents and truck wrecks are more likely to involve catastrophic traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can cause the victim to undergo months or years of medical treatments and rehabilitative therapies and can significantly impact the victim’s family members as well. A severe traumatic brain injury could cost hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars, over the victim’s lifetime. Few people can afford to pay medical bills of this enormity, particularly if they are unable to work.
- Defective Products—We all expect that the consumer products we purchase and use are safe. When we find out a product is not as safe as we thought and has caused injuries, the manufacturer of the defective product should be held liable for the resulting damages. Collecting damages from a large corporation can be more complicated than collecting damages from a negligent driver’s insurance company. This is when the knowledge and experience of your Richmond personal injury attorney really come into play.
- Medical Malpractice—Medical malpractice is a complex area of the law. When determining whether a medical practitioner was negligent, a jury will ask whether another doctor who was similarly trained would have done the same thing, given the same set of circumstances. If the answer to that question is “no,” then there is a valid medical malpractice claim. The most common types of medical malpractice claims are misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, prescription drug errors, surgical errors, and childbirth injuries.
- Wrongful Death—When a loved one dies as a result of the negligence of another person, the family members or personal representative of the estate can file a wrongful death claim for damages. Those damages might include burial and funeral expenses, lost future income of the decedent, and loss of companionship, care, and guidance.
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect—When your loved one is in a nursing home, and you find out they have been abused or neglected, it can be devastating. You have trusted the care of your loved one to the staff at the nursing home, and finding out that trust has been misplaced is a terrible thing. Speaking to a Richmond personal injury attorney who is knowledgeable regarding nursing home abuse and neglect can ensure those responsible are held accountable. Your attorney can also help you navigate the complexities of this process.
- Catastrophic Personal Injury—Sometimes, an accident can result in catastrophic injuries. Catastrophic injuries are those that require months or years of medical interventions and rehabilitative therapies and can leave the victim partially or fully disabled or disfigured.
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims?
Automobile accidents are, by far, the most common type of personal injury claim. There are more than 17,250 car accidents every day in the United States, and many of those accidents are the direct result of negligence or carelessness on the part of a driver. Auto accidents can cause injuries that result in lifelong medical issues and pain. Therefore, holding the careless driver responsible is extremely important.
How Do I Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney Near Me?
Choosing the right personal injury attorney is an important step in the process. While you want an attorney you trust and feel comfortable talking to, you also want a Richmond personal injury attorney with significant experience in cases like yours—along with a good track record of “wins.” Having an attorney who primarily practices personal injury law can make a difference in the outcome of your claim—your attorney will know how to secure a full and fair settlement that will completely cover your damages.
What Questions Should I Ask a Personal Injury Attorney at Our First Meeting?
When you begin searching for the best Richmond personal injury attorney, you will want to ask the following questions—and pay close attention to the answers you receive:
- How are you paid for your services? Most attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless your attorney recovers monetary damages on your behalf.
- Have you handled cases specifically like mine before (i.e., a motorcycle accident, traumatic brain injury, etc.)
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- What are some of your successful personal injury cases?
- Do you see specific issues or difficulties with my claim?
- Will I be updated regularly on the progress of my case?
- Who will I deal with throughout my case?
- Do you think I have a good case?
- Could my case go to court?
- How long could this case take?
You should be able to tell from the answers to these questions whether this is the right attorney for you.
How a Richmond Personal Injury Attorney from Tronfeld, West & Durrett Can Help
At Tronfeld, West & Durrett, we handle cases anywhere in Virginia and have offices located in Richmond, Petersburg, Chesterfield, and Mechanicsville. For your convenience, we are able to meet at the office closest to you. Our highly experienced personal injury attorneys are waiting to help you through this difficult time in the best way possible. We will advocate for you at every turn, fighting on your behalf for the best settlement possible. Contact Tronfeld, West & Durrett today.